CESGA has distinct storage solutions to satisfy the requirements of supercomputing users and the treatment of digital information.
In the table below, the available storage is shown as well as the capacity of each type.
|Tipo de Almacenamiento
|Home + Permanent disk storage
Storage Infrastructures of the Center of Supercomputación of Galicia
The Supercomputing Center of Galicia has the following storage systems:
Different solutions are available for disk storage:
- HOME: For the storage of user HOME directories a new unified storage system NetApp FAS9000 is available. The configuration of the HOME is based in SAS disks of 15K RPM and 1800GB treating to offer the greater possible performance even by the expense of a capacity in disk more reduced. By this reason the available space in the HOME is limited by defect to 10GB. For massive storage of data recommends use the directory STORE (see further down).
- Scratch: For the storage of the temporary data of the jobs in execution use the local disks connected to the nodes of computation (DAS), based in distinct technologies.
- Parallel Scratch: For calculations that require higher disk access speeds, a Lustre-based parallel file system is available, which uses 40 3.8TB NVMe disks and 120 12TB NL-SAS disks and is connected to FinisTerrae III through a high-performance Infiniband HDR network. This system is the one recommended for use in the FT III for calculations that, due to their characteristics, require a higher performance or capacity than that provided by the local scratch of the nodes.
- Store: For the massive storage of data each user has a directory designated $STORE in which it can store the results of old simulations, backups or other files that wishes to save but that by his size it is not possible to keep in the HOME where the available space is much more restricted. The storage system STORE similarly to the HOME it is based in the new system of storage NetApp FAS9000 but in this case the configuration it is based in NL-SAS disks of 10TB, of greater capacity but lower performance that the ones of the HOME.
Unified storage system NetApp FAS9000 containing 2 Redundant controllers in active-active configuration each one with:
- 2TB of Flash Cache.
- 8 interfaces of network 40GbE
- 8 interfaces of network 10GbE
- 38.4 TB net storage in 48 disks SSD of 960GB
- 313.2 TB net storage in 168 disks SAS of 1800GB and 15K RPM
- 980 TB net storage in 120 disks NL-SAS and 7200 RPM
- High-performance Luster system based on 4 OSS and 2 MDS with 40 x 3.8TB NVMe drives and 120 x 12TB NL-SAS drives
- High-capacity Luster system based on 2 OSS and 2 MDS with 22 x 3.8TB SSD and 260 x 16TB NL-SAS drives
Guide of use
For more information on the usage of the storage system you can review the guides under the corresponding section of the Services menu.
Tape data storage
For tape storage, a LTO-9 technology is available, with a SpectraLogic TFinity tape robot with a capacity for 1.600 tapes of this technology, and 12 read/write units with a speed of 400MB/s. In total this equipment offers a storage capacity of 20 Petabytes.