Red e-Ciencia – Red e-Ciencia en España
Period: 2007-12-01 – 2009-11-30 (36 months).
Funded by: Xunta de Galicia
The Spanish e-Science Network is in charge of organizing, coordinating and promoting the e-Science in Spain. It acts as a complementary tool for projects, programs, infrastructures and other resources in the environment of e-Science.
The main goal of the Red Española de e-Ciencia is organize, coordinate and promote the e-Science in Spain, acting as a complementary tool for projects, programs, infrastructures and other resources in the environment of e-Science. Among its objectives are:
• To Coordinate the infrastructures and to provide access to the Supercomputing and Grid Infrastructures for users from different areas of science.
• To improve the Spanish participation in European e-Science projects.
• To improve scientific excellence through access to the e-Infrastructures.
• To create a culture of e-Science through training, dissemination and promotion of the concept of e-Science.
• To consolidate scientific relations with European countries, particularly Portugal, and other non-European countries of strategic interest to Spain.
The network is divided in four areas: Applications and support Groups, infrastructure, middleware and HPC.
More information in the Spanish web.